Endangered wild salmon and steelhead in the Columbia-Snake River Basin need healthier, more resilient rivers that connect the ocean and freshwater habitats these iconic fish need to spawn and rear - to survive and thrive. SOS is focused on protecting and restoring the healthier rivers wild salmon need by holding federal and state agencies accountable to our nation's laws and the needs and well-being of our communities.
You can show your support for protecting and restoring Pacific Northwest wild salmon and steelhead - and all the benefits they deliver to our communities, wildlife and ecosystems - by contacting your elected officials and targeted policymakers today.
Take action below. Share links to this page with your networks. Urge your friends and family to contact their elected officials. Pressure on our elected officials - and support when they do the right thing - is critical to protecting our wild salmon and steelhead and restoring the rivers and watersheds they need.
Thank you for contacting your elected officials and targeted policymakers. Please check back here regularly for new and updated actions:
(1) Call these Northwest Leaders: Endangered Snake River salmon and Southern Residents orcas and Northwest communities need leadership today! (Spring/Summer 2020)
(2) Write Senator Murray (Washington State): Thank her for her leadership to protect salmon, and ask her to lead on a Northwest solution for salmon, orcas, and communities! (Spring/Summer 2020)
(3) Write Senator Cantwell (Washington State): We need her leadership and to protect endangered orcas and salmon, and invest in Northwest communities! (Spring/Summer 2020)
(4) Write Governor Brown (Oregon): We need her leadership to craft a Northwest solution for salmon, orca and communities! (Spring/Summer 2020)
(5) Write Senators Merkley and Wyden (Oregon): We need their leadership to protect endangered orcas and salmon, and invest in Northwest communities! (Spring/Summer 2020)