SOS is working every day to protect and restore the cold, healthy, resilient, connected rivers and streams salmon and steelhead need by holding our public officials and federal and state agencies accountable to our nation's laws, supporting the leadership of Northwest tribes, and working with stakeholders and citizens to develop shared solutions that restore salmon abundance and support vibrant and prosperous communities.
WE NEED YOUR HELP. Public officials need to hear from you! Call and write them today to call on their leadership and to show your support for protecting and restoring Pacific Northwest wild salmon and steelhead - and all the benefits they deliver to our communities, wildlife and ecosystems.
EDUCATE AND ENGAGE YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY. Share links to this page with your networks. Urge your friends and family to contact their elected officials as well. Pressure on our elected officials - and support when they do the right thing - is critical to protecting our wild salmon and steelhead and restoring the rivers and watersheds they need.
THANK YOU. Please check back here regularly for new and updated actions:
(1) WASHINGTON STATE residents: Contact Senator Murray and Governor Inslee: Thank Gov. Inslee and Sen. Murray for their commitment to protect and restore Snake River salmon - press them to act quickly, time is very running out!
(2) WASHINGTON STATE residents: Contact Senator Cantwell: Thank Senator Cantwell for her past leadership to protect salmon - and urge her to help develop and deliver a plan this year to restore the Snake River and its salmon.
(3) WASHINGTON STATE residents: Contact your Members of Congress: Ask them to support Gov. Inslee and Sen. Murray in their commitment to protect and restore Snake River salmon - time is very short and urgent action is needed!
(4) OREGON residents: Contact your Members of Congress and Federal Senators: Ask them to step up in the regional efforts to protect and restore Snake River salmon and to ensure the interests of Oregonians are considered in overall solutions!
(6) ALL: Complete the SNAKE RIVER SURVEY! This survey is one part of the Murray/Inslee Snake River Initiative to determine how to restore endangered salmon as they consider removing the four Snake River dams and replacing their services with alternatives.