Endangered wild salmon and steelhead in the Columbia-Snake River Basin need healthier, more resilient rivers that connect the ocean and freshwater habitats these iconic fish need to spawn and rear - to survive and thrive. SOS is focused on protecting and restoring the healthier rivers wild salmon need by holding federal and state agencies accountable to our nation's laws and the needs and well-being of our communities.
You can show your support for protecting and restoring Pacific Northwest wild salmon and steelhead - and all the benefits they deliver to our communities, wildlife and ecosystems - by contacting your elected officials and targeted policymakers today.
Take action below. Share links to this page with your networks. Urge your friends and family to contact their elected officials. Pressure on our elected officials - and support when they do the right thing - is critical to protecting our wild salmon and steelhead and restoring the rivers and watersheds they need.
Thank you for contacting your elected officials and targeted policymakers. Please check back here regularly for new and updated actions:
(1) Contact Senator Murray and Governor Inslee (for WA residents): letting them know you support the immediate release of their salmon plan, and that any realistic solution for salmon must support all river communities, tribes, and include the removal of the four lower Snake River dams. (Fall 2021)
(2) Send a thank you to Governor Kate Brown (for Oregon residents): for speaking up for salmon recovery yet again.
(3) WRITE Northwest Senators and House Members (for OR, WA, ID, AK and MT residents): Ask them to work with Northwest people to refine and advance Rep. Simpson's 'Columbia Basin initiative' to restore the lower Snake River, recover salmon and invest in communities and infrastructure. (Spring 2021)
(4) SIGN this petition to the Biden Administration today. Ask President Biden to support restoring the lower Snake River and its salmon and steelhead by investing in Northwest communities, infrastructure and environment! (Spring 2021)
(5) WRITE Senators Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell (for Washington State residents): Endangered Southern Resident orcas urgently need more more chinook salmon in order to survive and rebuild their population. The leadership of Washington State senators is critical for action in Congress in 2021! (Spring 2021)