Here are just a few photos from the 'Rally for Salmon' in Portland on Saturday, June 25. More than 300 people gathered on the banks of the Willamette River - and nearly 100 watercraft - canoes, kayaks, rafts and sportfishing boats rallied on the water - to call on Congress and the Biden Administration to act urgently to protect and recover salmon abundance in the Pacific Northwest - and develop a comprehensive regional plan this year to restore a freely-flowing lower Snake River.
Special thanks to these guests for their attendance and participation:
- Chair Kat Brigham and Keeyan Singer and Nizhoni Toledo of the Youth Leadership Council - of the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation
- Yakama Nation Councilmember Jeremy Takala, 'Miss Yakama Nation' Ellia-Lee Jim and 'Junior Miss Yakama Nation' Tehya Underwood
- Jim McKenna, Natural Resource Advisor to Oregon Governor Kate Brown
- 'Four Directions' drum group, and
- Seven Waters Canoe Family.